Charlie brought it over to Ella House (that’s just the name of the house we live in, it was a college “party house” for the past 4 years, and it’s on Ella Lane, so…yeah…Ella House. It sounds like a British manor– which it most certainly isn’t–or maybe I’ve been watching too much Downton Manor and Upstairs Downstairs?) early in the morning on Friday. Dane and Brandon moved it down stairs into my makeshift studio. I’m glad they didn’t break anything and that the press is ok. It’s not easy moving a 200 lbs piece of metal.
I cleaned/polished the ink disc with Nevr-Dull wadding polish and put on the new rollers that came with it on. Also took the tympan packing out because it was fairly dirty. Took the duct tape off the rails, planning to replace it with something better. Unfortunately i noticed the gripper bar was missing. I believe it can print without it, but I have a feeling that it won’t print as well and definitely won’t release from the plate as easily, so I’m kinda bummed out about that. Also debating taking the whole thing apart and refinishing it like this man did.